Thursday, February 09, 2017

My Endearing Little Dog...

Maggie's not a very affectionate dog with regards to me. I know she loves me, but she is the dominant female around here also known as Alpha dog and acts as such. She is fiercely independent. It makes you feel good when she does something to tug on your heartstrings.

For several hours after getting my injection, I feel really groggy with an extra layer of sleepiness.  I decided to take a nap this morning as my eyelids were so heavy, but I didn't mean to sleep so long. Maggie was curled up as close to me as possible when I woke up from a very deep slumber. I smiled and almost didn't want to disturb her so I laid there for quite awhile longer listening to her rhythmic breathing. Maggie was taking quite a nap herself.

Where Did All this Kindness Come From?

My father gave me a ribbing this morning and he said he felt bad about it, but it is just because he cares. I know a helluva lot of it has to do with my mother passing away. Dad's realizing from mom's very sudden death that most things in the universe are finite and we better enjoy ourselves along the way before our own demise.

"How are you on groceries?" my father nosily asked me a moment ago.

I almost didn't answer the phone -- phone phobias and such.

"Astonishingly, I am doing pretty good this week so far," I replied proudly. "I am drinking a large glass of V-8 juice right now with an ample amount of Louisiana style hot-sauce."

"It is going to try to give me terrible heartburn, but I am going to get me a $5 Little Caesar's pizza when I get off of work. I am going to get one for you as well," my father told me.

No comments: