Wednesday, March 01, 2017

Italian for Two...

I drove over to see my father tonight on a whim. It was nice to see the back door open at Fort Knox as my brother calls it.. That always means my father is receiving visitors for the evening. It was 6:00 PM and he was still in his pajamas for which I smiled. He was also talking to my sister on the phone. Charlie had just left after visiting for quite a while himself. He was on his way home from work.

"Here's forty dollars," my father told me from his command recliner. "Go get us up some good grub."

"What do you want?" I asked as I stood at my parent's back door looking stymied.

"Surprise me!"

Oh, what dire responsibility he has put on us tonight...

I drove downtown and just down the street to Johnny's New York Style Pizzeria and got us two lasagnas, two salads, and two drinks. The total was just over $20 and I did have to wait a few moments. I thought I did pretty well in the way I handled the money tonight. Five or more years ago? My father would have never trusted me with that much cash. I would be headed to traverse the country roads of god's country with a case of beer in the back of my car.

It's Going to Be Okay to All the Nervous Pups...

I am so glad Ms. Maggins doesn't freak out about the weather. She takes it all in stride, We just had a wham bang line of thunderstorms to move through more characteristic of spring here than winter in the South. Maggie slept nonchalantly on the sofa as the storm make its way over us.

No comments: