Thursday, March 23, 2017

The Immune System By My Seasoned Nurse Rebecca...

Rebecca stepped into the lobby of Kamath Medical and asked me to come on back. I felt like I was on that game show, The Price is Right. Come on down! I had just signed in and sat in the lobby.

Rebecca sounded so very congested with a hacking, mucus filled, and nasty cough. Personally? They shouldn't make health care practitioners come into work sick like that for fear of spreading the contagion.

"I need to be at home in the bed," Rebecca told me as I inquired if she was okay. "I just hope my kids don't get this terrible junk."

It took only a few short minutes to administer my injection. I thanked Rebecca profusely and wished her well. I then motored swiftly back up through the Chattahoochee Valley without impediment to give my father my next appointment card.

"You did all of that and in a short amount of time as well!" my father said kindly, astounded, and amazed.

I never did find out why he didn't have to work today. He must be working tomorrow instead or it probably had something to do with the grand-kids.

"We've come a long way with you," my father then said as he hugged me.

"You and I have both come a very long ways," I astutely reminded him.

My father handed to me a care package of two packs of cigarillos, 2 tart lemonades, and six crisp and bubbly Diet Cokes.

1 comment:

skinny minny said...

So Did he get the Grandkids to school? Was so excited that he trusted you with your medicine for the shot! such progress!