Sunday, March 19, 2017

Did Our Charlie Abandon Us?

Every car that rode by the house this morning, Maggie would fly through our home to land on the couch and look out the window. Charlie was running rather late and is was worrying the MagDawg. Charlie finally came slowly pulling up to the curb in dad's truck around 10 AM. Maggie put on a fine show despite not being very familiar with the Ford.

"Did Jimmy James show up yesterday?" Charlie asked me at he handed the Magster's and my breakfast. "He said he would be here yesterday."

"I haven't seen him yet," I replied to Charlie rather despondently.

"That son of a bitch," Charlie replied. "I am going to jerk a knot in his head."

I was super happy when I realized we had bacon, egg, and cheese biscuits this morning. I am nursing a giant Coca-Cola as I write this as well.

2 comments:

Summer said...

One of my favorite southern expressions...Jerk a knot...I use it all the time. LOL.

Rita said...

Isn't Jimmy James taking out a closet? It wouldn't be hard to take out. It will make a mess and you will have trash to deal with, but get yourself a hammer and a crowbar and take it out. Wear goggles to protect your eyes,and gloves to protect your hands. I took all the plaster out of one of my rooms and had it dry-walled. It was heavy stuff, but I took it out in reasonable sized pieces and trash bins.

Sometimes destruction feels great. You just have to be careful of electricity, water, and phone lines.