Thursday, March 30, 2017

Johnny Otis Returns to the Fray...



There were many pleasantries to be had at the return of our esteemed patriarch, Johnny Otis. My father quickly walked across my yard in a blinding rain storm as lightning lit up the rest of the neighborhood.

"I've got to work tomorrow," my father told me with a tired looking frown as he was giving me my medications tonight. "Can you believe that?"

As usual, a Klonopin escaped our clutches and rolled across the floor.provoking some profanity from my father as I lunged to grab it.

"Tomorrow?" I asked in complete disbelief. "You tend to need some down time after a busy vacation to recuperate."

Dad then gave me one of the biggest hugs he has ever given to me.

"Good to see you son. We going to get you in a shape so you can go next time," my father told me. "A little spit and polish if you will."

I smiled. That Christian choir hymn Take Me As I Am came to the forefront of my mind.

No comments: