Thursday, March 30, 2017

Sometimes it is the Little Things...

...toot, toot, toot your own little horn...

I finally got Charlie's Blu-Ray player working yesterday. I hooked it up to my television at home and things were working fine which stymied me. Why wasn't it working when it is connected to Charlie's television?

If you've known me for a long time then you know I often harp about trying the simplest things first when it comes to computers and electronics. Is it plugged in? Did you push play? Is the LED light red when it should be green meaning is it turned on? I realized last night that Charlie and I weren't turning the Blu-Ray player on when it was hooked up at Charlie's house. Duh!

...these things come with a manual for a purpose...

Charlie was so excited that I fixed it that he brought the Magster and I breakfast this morning which which was three bacon, egg, and cheese biscuits. I would've been just fine getting a couple of Coca-Colas as I did last night. He has just left and is headed for work in Dadeville. Maggie has had her biscuit and is down for the count -- beginning the sleep of ages.

Johnny Otis Returns From Vacation...

My father just called me this morning and said he would be home a little after lunch. It is about a 5 hour drive to the Gulf of Mexico and Fort Walton from here. He said they had a grand time and for that I was thankful. Dad toiled away in that pharmacy for 47 years (about the time mom and dad were married) and it is now his turn to play and have some fun.

No comments: