Sunday, March 19, 2017

A Five Dollar Fill-Up...

"What did you get tonight?" I asked my father while he was fooling around with my crazy meds on the couch.

He was trying to decide what day medications to give me. I watched as a Klonopin went rolling across my hardwood floor as my father cursed. I was sitting in my plush recliner just beside him as Maggie sat at our feet.  He soon handed my medications to me and I gulped them down lickety split.

"I got the $5 fill up which was the chicken sandwich variant," my father replied.

My father was acting rather strange and aloof tonight (eerily quiet) and I couldn't figure out his emotions or moods. I internalize this and get to thinking I committed some kind of terrible social faux pas to form a rift between us.

"I got you double than what I was supposed to," Charlie then said laughing as he was cleaning in my kitchen. "You've got tacos out the ass now!"

We all burst out in laughter! It is double or nothing with our Charlie. I got two burrito supremes and two taco supremes.

No comments: