Monday, March 27, 2017

Living a Double Life...

There are now several places on the internet that mentally ill people can meet and find dates. Sounds like an accident waiting to happen, doesn't it? Well, it is and I should've known better.

I've been corresponding with a lady I met a few weeks ago. I put up one of my photos and profiles on one of the sites. We hit if off pretty well from the start of it all. She has sent me several photos that showed she was a very pretty lady. The only problem is she lives in Concorde, California -- a suburb of San Francisco. I was planning on flying out to see her which would have been an incredible feat for me. I noticed speaking of my flying out there always made her nervous.

She wrote to me this morning with a picture attached.

"This is the real me," she ended her paragraph this morning with a photo attachment. "You are going to hate me now."

I was flabbergasted more than anything. A tear dropped out of my eye and rolled down my cheek. I had really gotten smitten and attached to this woman and was totally duped. I was caught hook, line, and sinker. She weighed well over 300 pounds, couldn't get out of the house without help, and had been sending me pictures of her much younger sister, Patty. She said her real name was really Theresa but that wasn't true as well.

The Glory Days of Shopping With Charlie...

It's Monday and then means grocery shopping around here, Charlie's going to get an earful tonight about what happened today and then he will tell me, "I told you so." The nice thing about shopping with Charlie is that he encourages his entourage to get more food when they think they are ready to check out. That means solace and comfort for me -- kind of like being let off the leash so-to-speak.

My father asked me last week why I never bought frozen pizza and I was also thinking about that this morning. .

"It is too tasty and I will eat it all up too soon," I told him. "Leaving me nothing to eat for the rest of the week."

2 comments:

glittermom said...

Where is your dad this week? You got catfished looking for love on the internet. Watch the show catfish on MTV. Almost never turns out well.

Beth said...

If you can find it in your heart to continue being just friends with Theresa, remember that she too is very lonely. And it is, you said, a site for people with mental health issues...

Her mind and heart are very likely what attracted you in the first place. Those are still there. What has changed is the picture of her.

Everyone needs connection...morbidly obese or socially dysfunctional or plain old depressed. The Internet is a mixed bag for that...on the one hand, a refuge and place where you can meet others with similar issues and opinions, but in the other, people are not always honest about who they are and what their motives are.