Monday, March 27, 2017

Noxiously Nervous...

May the Horsefly Be With You!
"What is the Horsefly doing tonight?" I asked Charlie on one of his many visits -- tonight being one of the many as well.

Charlie handed me my crazy meds and I gulped them down with one large swing of "leaded" Coca-Cola which tasted absolutely heavenly. Charlie also gave me one more cola to put in the fridge for later. My six Diet Cokes went into the freezer to chill quickly.

"Horsefly was last seen in his recliner, plush Yoda in hand, and watching the Hallmark channel," Charlie told me.

Then came the hard part...

I hated to tell Charlie this, but I just didn't feel up to going grocery shopping tonight. I had an extreme sense of nervousness about me. I was afraid I would have one my famous and classic anxiety attacks before we could get out of the store. I didn't feel steady enough to drive as well.

"You call me if you decide to go," Charlie told me. "I will be up until midnight."

"Now, if we go tomorrow night then we won't be able to go until 10 PM as Tuesdays are one of Horsefly's bowling nights," Charlie additionally warned me.

No comments: