Wednesday, March 22, 2017

The Little Munchkins and Youngsters Are Here...

Maggie's Bad Hair Day
"Now, Maggie here, she barks in French and English," my father told the grandchildren when they were over here shortly ago."She's also the Duchess of Mauritania and Maratouse."

Maggie was laying on her plush mat belly down in the den licking her paws. She was looking and acting totally nonchalant. She certainly didn't realize her importance at that moment.

"How can you tell the difference when she is barking in French and barking in English?" my nephew, Grant, asked his Grandpa.

"You have to listen closely, but you will hear it soon enough," my father replied.

All the grand-kids squealed and spoke with joy and wonderment.

My father was running late tonight after picking up the grand-kids in Auburn which is about 30 minutes away. He pleasantly told me he had the day off from work tomorrow and was giving my brother and sister a break. He has to take them to school in the morning if he can get them all up and going with their bellies full of hot breakfast.

"Good luck!" I told him with a warm smile.

"Your injection is in the morning," my father then said urgently and shortly before they were gone.

He had pulled me to the side.

"I am leaving this medicine with you and I trust you to go get it."

"I will bring you the next appointment card on my way home," I told Papa John. "I hope that will assuage your worries."


No comments: