Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Way Down Yonder in the Deep Freeze...

Papa John has just left the premises. He was in a hurry to get home after working all day. Bless his heart! He even managed to remember to bring my Cokes and cigarillos as well. What heaven! They were still cold from sitting in my father's car all day.

"I am going to give you your crazy meds, feed and water Maggie, and then I am heading home," the toilsome and tired creature before me said.

"It is also going to get down to 27° degrees in the morning," my father woefully and worriedly said. "I hope it doesn't kill my azaleas."

Mine are all in full bloom as well. We will have to cross our fingers tonight and tomorrow night and then hope it warms up quickly as the temperatures moderate.

"We got audited by the state board of pharmacy today," my father then told me. "I knew things were fine, but it still makes you nervous none-the-less."

No comments: