Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Grocery Shopping Charlie Style...

"I've already got horsefly at the bowling alley," Charlie told me hurriedly over the phone. "I want you to hook my Blu-Ray player to my television and then we are then headed to Kroger to do a little grocery shopping."

As I had surmised, Charlie took me on a wild grocery cart ride as we traversed Kroger plying their wares. The grand total was $94 dollars for which I winced.

"If your daddy bitches about what you spent then tell him it was my fault." Charlie reassuringly told me.

We then left Kroger to go get Horsefly at the bowling alley.

"Do you mind?" Charlie asked me about getting Horsefly. "We can kill two birds with one stone."

Horsefly was drenched with sweat for which Charlie had a towel ready. I sat inside the Caprica marveling at all the patrons of the bowling alley. They must being doing good business. It was always kind of rundown when I was growing up.

"Now, you stand at the screen door and I will bring your groceries to you," Charlie told me rummaging around in the back of his Caprica.

This was all for making sure the Magster didn't escape out into the wild wilderness that is my neighborhood.

"Shit!'' Charlie said. "The last thing we need tonight is to be chasing Maggie around the neighborhood.

No comments: