Friday, March 24, 2017

A Long Day in Paradise...


"You look so good tonight! You look vibrant and healthy!" my father exclaimed to me last night during the medication ritual. "You looked like death warmed over a few years ago."

Geez. that certainly made me feel better -- the death warmed over part. 

I know he meant it as a sincere compliment, though.

Dad and I took my medications as we sat on the couch in my quiet den -- the only extraneous noise was Maggie snuffling contently as she dug at her cooties. Maggie also soon busily wanted to jump up with us. Dad said,"you can join us, too." I made room for her to sit in the middle of us. We were one big happily dysfunctional family.

Dad and I talked about my trying Straterra again, but he balked. My doctor originally prescribed Adderall which is basically prescription strength methamphetamine. I was hoping to improve my concentration skills and levels. I have trouble concentrating sometimes like when I am reading a book/magazine, playing games, or viewing a web page.

"If it ain't broke, then don't try to fix it," he callously told me of the medication. "That's why you were having such terrible insomnia for such a long time."


No comments: