Sunday, March 26, 2017

Halt! Stop the Presses!

Lopez and crew started to manicure my yard just after eight this morning. First, they starting out manicuring my shrubbery. I dressed and walked out to talk to my Guatemalan landscaping crew while Maggie sat in the window and watched. I've talked to Lopez about this before. I was still half asleep when they got started going good.

"Lopez? I love the job you do, but y'all can't start working in my yard so early in the morning. It is going to piss off my neighbors royally." I told him. "You need to come around lunch or later."

I don't think Lopez comprehended a thing I said as he nodded his head yes. I let them go ahead and finish with the job they were currently doing. They were spreading pine straw and mulch in and around my shrubbery which pleased me very much. It is when they crank up their commercial grade lawn mowers that things get completely too loud and raucous. They sound like turbines spooling up.

When the McDonald's Biscuit Man Comes a'Calling...

Soon, Charlie will be here with our usual breakfast of sausage biscuits. He said last night that we are going to clean my bathroom this morning after he used it.

"It won't take us just a minute to clean up your bathroom," Charlie told me enthusiastically. "We are going to clean one room each day until we finish. Let's surprise the hell out of your father this week. He will be back Thursday."

I reluctantly said, "Okay." The peer pressure mounting.

"Let me clean the bathroom tomorrow morning and we will get started with the rest sometime tomorrow as well," I furthered in my conversation with Charlie.

No comments: