Friday, March 24, 2017

Simply Unprecedented...



Well, my father is heading to Florida in the morning with my sister, her kids and husband, and her husband's mother and father. Sounds like a motley crew, doesn't it?

"Come here and give me a hug before I go," my father said to me after the medication ritual.

I gave him a big old bear hug that picked him up off the floor -- his feet dangling. Big and burly kind of guys like me can do such king of things.

The photo is of the condo my loves to stay at when he goes to the beach. Sea-Spray Condominiums. I just called him on his drive home to tell him they've seemed to have remodeled it.

"Here's you a little cash out of your account and I gave Charlie some cash as well," which was simply unprecedented in giving me money.. "Don't do any drinking and Charlie will be bringing your medications and a meal every night.

"Oh, your birthday is ordered and on the way," my father told me as he began to leave to much excitement from me. "Matt ordered it at lunch. He said it would take up to 18 days to get here."

There was a silver lining to this cloud. I just knew it. This day has turned out very swell. I had to explain to my father what a game controller was for.

1 comment:

Beth said...

We loved Pensacola Beach when I lived in Alabama although we did Fort Walton Beach too, when I lived in Alabama. Those sugary white sands and warm Gulf waters are wonderful. And we always ate tons of fresh boiled shrimp, fresh from the boats. Yummmmm.