Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Pass the Mayo and Potato Chips, Please...

"Come on over and eat some lunch," my father told me this afternoon. "I made some really good chicken salad."

When mom was alive, dad tried his best to make sure she got at least one good nourishing meal a day. He has been saying he was getting back on track with that ritual and tradition. Let it be so...

It was 1 PM and Maggie and I were still in the bed after Maggie's antics last night. There would also be something bad wrong with me if I passed up dad's chicken salad sandwiches. When I arrived after a shower, dad was eating his lunch on Waverly crackers as he sat at the kitchen table. .

"Do you want two sandwiches or one?" my father asked as he then stood at the kitchen counter.

I joyfully asked for two.  Man, were they delicious. I am not a big potato chip consumer, but the Ruffles potato chips fit perfectly with those sandwiches.

No comments: