Friday, March 10, 2017

Prolific Procrastination...

When it rains it pours as the old saying goes. An old friend of mine's father died the other day and I wanted to send her a great big condolences card. Well, my absentminded father took the card home with him last night after giving me the card and urging me to write it.

As Homer Simpson would Say, Dope!

Hopefully, I can get that card today and get it in the mail. My mother, the secretary, would have had it in the mail last week -- almost precognizant that J.L. had died.

This isn't the first time this has happened. It has happened several times. My father will bring my Cokes in the evenings and then forget and try to take them home again. It seems my father and I have the attention span of gnats.

Edit: This is getting complicated. The card was in a Kroger bag in the back of my card after buying groceries Monday night. Dad and I always drove my mother crazy with this kind of shit.

No comments: