Monday, March 13, 2017

A Very Dreary Night For Grocery Shopping...

Skinny Minnie, dad added the fried bacon to the dough then baked them. It makes for a decadent breakfast for two or more -- even better with a dollop of strawberry preserves.

-----------------------------------

The rain was falling kind of sideways (Scottish weather) as my father and I loaded up my car with groceries. Water was dripping off the bib of my cap.

"I was really worried about you," my father told me as he gave me a hug tonight. "I was so glad to see all your indoor lights on and you being up and about.".

"Yeah, I had what Churchhill described as his black dog (depression) all last week," I told my father. "I always bounce back, though."

I spent $74 dollars tonight and my father didn't day a word. He was just happy to see me and for me to be okay.

2 comments:

glittermom said...

Seems always rains on your grocery night...

Kran's Crackers said...

Aww, your Dad really does love you a lot! It's nice how your relationship with him has evolved over the years. Glad you're feeling a bit better now.
- Sharon -