Friday, March 17, 2017

Let There Be Salutations, Much Joy, and Even More Excitement...

Well, we made it there and back -- Opelika that is. My father was very hyper and talking a mile a minute this morning throughout these procedures.

Dad was also thrilled when Dr. Edwards kept my medications to what I had been prescribed to for years. Dad gave me a high five as we walked out of the psychiatrist's office.

"Now, let's go get us some steak biscuits and a senior coffee for myself!" my father said very excitedly.

He still couldn't believe we got in and out of the doctor's office so quickly. We had set a new precedence. We usually have to wait an hour or more, but they called us back as soon as we sat down in the lobby for a change.

"You have beautiful ginger hair," I told the receptionist and she smiled shyly and blushed.

"Thank you!"

As always, the biscuits were tongue tantalizing. I had finished both my steak biscuits with mustard by the time we were passing Perlis truck stop on the way up the interstate -- about the halfway point to home.

No comments: