Saturday, March 25, 2017

Where the Red Fern Grows...

Where the Red Fern Grows was such a melancholy and sad book to read when I was a child. I remember shedding a few tears at the end of the book. I was very verklempt.

That said, I just bought me a really pretty fern to hang out on the screened in porch this morning (I've just got to remember to water it). George was standing on his carport, cigarette dangling from his mouth when he asked me where I got it.

"There are some very pretty ones left at the Piggly Wiggly," I told George. "You ought to go get you one!"

Oddly enough, my father doesn't get on to me or get angry for purchases such as this. He would be just as excited about the fern as I was. He goes nuts when I spend around a hundred dollars shopping on Newegg, though.

The Countdown Begins...

It is after lunch and I expect Charlie dropping by any moment now. He has to take Horsefly to the Saturday matinee as he does every weekend. I wonder what he will bring to eat? It will be fast food for sure, but I will enjoy it none-the-less. Charlie's got his hands full with me as he has to bring my medications and my sodas as well.

No comments: