Thursday, March 09, 2017

Stay and You Will Awaken the Sleeping Monster...

"Don't forget! Your shot is this morning," my father happily and snappily chirped to me over the phone.

It was too much happiness for this early in the morning from the cheerleaders. Dad said he was fixing to take a shower and head to the pharmacy.

"How could I forget?" I replied with a  smirk from the bandstands with an air of uncredulousness.

I've been on some of the lowest of lows these past few days that I've ever experienced and I think and hope things are looking up. I am getting out of the bed and back into my usual routines. My father says it just about time for another injection to kick in.

"You'll feel better when you get your get your Risperdal Consta injection this morning and some hot breakfast food in your belly," my father told me.

"Will a ham and cheese omelet make you feel better?" dad then asked.

"It most certainly will!" I replied smiling as if a carrot was dangling in front of this donkey.

3 comments:

Rita said...

I have noticed that you have been MIA and hoped everything was okay. Maybe the lowest of the lows has to do with your mother's death. The typical response to loss is about a year, but for some people, can be years.

Glad you and your father remembered it this morning.

As I told you before, my daughter and I use a google calendar to help us stay in touch with important things. Things like trash day come as a message at 6 am in the morning of the day. The reminders are great.

Summer said...

Glad to read you this morning!

glittermom said...

Sometimes you just need a break...