Saturday, March 25, 2017

Taco Hell is in the House...

"What do you want for supper and we will go get it." Charlie asked me during the medication ritual tonight.

Charlie had a heavy handful of stuff and I walked out to his car to help him bring it all in while Maggie barked on the other side of the screened door. He also brought my six daily sodas and a pack of cigarillos.

Precariously perched within his hands were also two "leaded" regular Coca-Colas as well which just thrilled me to death. I only drink regular Coke on special occasions -- shying away from all the calories involved on a normal day.

"Let me get two burrito supremes," I told Charlie excitedly with a hungrily grumbling belly. "I feel a run for the border welling up within me."

Charlie laughed at my run for the border sentiment.

"I don't eat pizza and I don't eat Mexican food," Charlie told me.

"Oh, and I don't eat Chinese food as well. It looks like something the cat threw-up."

Charlie said he loves a roast with potatoes, carrots, and caramelized onions -- down home kind of food or country cooking. Charlie also said he loves turnip greens and cornbread. Fortunately, his wife Janice, is an exemplary soul food Old South kind of cook.

She should have had so many more days ahead...


Tomorrow would have been my mother's 72nd birthday. I thought about her all day being forefront in my memory and I hope to get over to the cemetery tomorrow to put some flowers on her grave.

1 comment:

Summer said...

Happy Birthday to Martha in heaven.