Thursday, February 22, 2018

An Every Two Week Tale...

It was that time again -- time for my injection. My father has new work hours and only works a half day Monday and a full day Tuesday. He has the rest of the week off and is slowly easing into retirement finally. Fortunately, he had brought the injection home with him Tuesday. I drove by his house and picked it up. I then headed to Kamath Medical.

"You look nice!" my nurse said echoing my father's words when she invited me back to the examining room. "You are doing well with your New Year's resolution."

I blushed and told her a hearty thank you. It really meant a lot to me. I had taken a shower and dressed in some brown Sebago leather shoes, khaki pants, and a nice teal button-up shirt. My hair was very carefully combed and I was clean shaven -- clean and smooth as a baby's bottom.

I could barely feel the injection today which was very nice. Sometimes it feels as if I am getting stuck by a red-hot poker. I pulled my pants back up and congratulated Rebecca on today's smooth procedure.

"Can we move my injection to Tuesdays?" I then asked Rebecca. "That way it will be on a day my father is at work."

"That would be fine," Rebecca told me. "I'm here all day on Tuesdays."

"Will the lobby be full?" I then asked warily, afraid of getting tangled in a mess of sick patients.

"You will be fine," Rebecca said with a smile knowing me well. "Dr. Kamath doesn't come in until 10:30 on Tuesdays."

The receptionist already had my next appointment set up and I was too shy to tell her to move it to Tuesday. I didn't want to impose on her and make her go to too much trouble. I thanked her, Pat, and Dee Dee and headed out the door. I hurried back to my father's house and told him he was going to have to call and change the appointment. He was just glad I had asked about it and found out that Rebecca was available on Tuesdays as well.

"Come inside for a second and check out my Netflix," dad said. "I can't get it to work."

I immediately found the problem and it was the battery in his remote. One of my mantras, when it concerns computers and electronics, is to always look for the simplest thing first. Dad, amazingly, had a few spare CR2032 coin cell batteries in his Honda for his car's remote entry key fob. We changed the battery and he was back online. The reason I am so familiar with this battery is they are the same batteries used on computer motherboards.

No comments: