Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Tread Carefully, Andrew...

"Dad? Can I come to the pharmacy and get two sodas?" I asked my father over the phone this afternoon. "I need some caffeine and sugar."

I had to call to see what kind of mood he was in.

"Now, dress up some," my father replied. "Don't come down here in a t-shirt and your pajama bottoms."

I chuckled loudly. I wanted to say, "Yes Hyacinth!"

"I've got news for you and you are going to be thrilled," dad told me. "They are coming Friday to install your new Gigabit internet service. I went ahead and got you the highest speed they offer. I signed the papers today."

Well, I just started gushing. It was Christmas in February. I almost couldn't believe it.

"I am going to give you a big kiss on the cheek tonight," I told my father as he laughed.

"Now, clean up your computer room before they come," dad told me naggingly. "And don't get so excited you get in a wreck on the way down here."

I will be going from 30 Mbps to 1000 Mbps.

2 comments:

Jan said...

30 to 1000? Wow, watch out you don't get wind burn sitting in front of that fast computer! I think you'll agree, it was worth the wait!

Have fun!

Jane said...

yay!