Friday, February 09, 2018

Strike While the Iron is Hot...

I inexplicably got in the mood to grocery shop this afternoon. I didn't want to wait until tonight with the onset of the cold and all the rain that is on the way. I wanted to get it over with. I was also terribly sleepy and needed something to do to keep me awake. I knew if I took a nap, I wouldn't sleep tonight.

"Are you available?" I delicately asked Old Fuss and Feathers over the phone.

"Yeah," he said warily. "Why?"

"Let's go to the Pig and get my groceries," I told him. "Leave fifteen minutes behind me and I will be ready to go when you get there."

"Sounds good to me," my father replied chirpily with an upbeat tone to his voice.

"I am dying for a cold glass of milk and some warm honey buns," I told him as we got off the phone.

It didn't take me but 15 minutes to shop. Mrs. Camille was ringing up my groceries when my father walked into the grocery store. He slid the debit card to my account in the credit card receptacle and we were ready to go.

"See ya next week!" I told Mrs. Camille as she wished me well and told me to stay dry.

I was frivolous tonight and got a key lime pie and a lemon meringue pie. One, that I haven't decided yet, is going in the freezer for a rainy day. Both taste so good. I also got my Maggie a six-pack of Vienna sausages and she has just scarfed down two cans. She has mainly just had dog food this week and hasn't had many treats and I am sure she was overjoyed.

2 comments:

PipeTobacco said...

Sir:

Take a photo of you with your goatee!!!! I bet it looks good on you.

PipeTobacco

Sharyn said...

Oh, there's Pipe Tobacco! I like the way your dad walked in with the card as you were being rung up. I had a similar situation the other day, after Mr. Bee Kitty had his nails done at the vet, we stopped at the grocery. I sat with Mr. Bee while Bill ran in. My "plan" was to take the carrier with me into the foyer and leave it on a bench, run in, pay, and run out (Bill doesn't use my Food Stamp card.) but I was so afraid someone would think I had abandoned an elderly cat and take him away before I got back to him!! I'd NEVER abandon my babies!! So Bill just paid. But bravo to Dad for great timing! What would you have done had he not shown in time??

Keep forgetting to give you my page: http://PalletsAndPuff.com Hope you drop by!