Sunday, February 11, 2018

Bacon, Egg, and Cheese...

The phone rang twice and I called my father back a moment ago. I've been up since seven reinstalling Windows 10 on one of my more troublesome computers. It turned out to be the memory management on the motherboard. I'll break it to my father that I need to order another motherboard from Newegg tonight or tomorrow. Boy, is he going to grumble.

"Charlie's on the way," he said in the middle of a coughing fit. "I told him we wanted bacon, egg, and cheese biscuits this morning. I am tired of sausage biscuits."

It sounded like my father was coughing up a lung. He still has had long-term lingering effects from that terrible flu. I escaped relatively unscathed.

"I was tired of sausage biscuits as well," I told my father feeling a breath of fresh air. "But I wouldn't dare tell Charlie that."

"Maggie?" I said loudly from the den. "Charlie is on the way!"

Maggie flew off the bed and got in the window on the back of the couch to hold vigil until Charlie's arrival. I am now sitting at my computer in the computer room with a birdseye view of the street in front of my house. I am ready to tell Maggie that Charlie is here when he arrives. I hope she puts on a good and grand show of affection for Charlie. She hasn't had many visitors this week.

We Have One Deliriously Happy Dog Here...

Well, Maggie would have put on a parade if it were in her power. She had a fit at Charlie's arrival. I haven't seen her this happy in weeks.

"Well, bless your heart darlin'," Charlie said to her over her fervent and affectionate barking. "I love you, too!"

She's settled down some and is eating her breakfast. I think she was as overjoyed at bacon, egg, and cheese biscuits as my father and I were. I am so happy at her joy.


No comments: