Monday, February 19, 2018

Mr. Clean!

My two chicken pot pies before consuming commenced...
"Well Andrew, you have been doing a great job keeping your kitchen clean," Charlie said last night as he poked his head into the den.

I beamed with pride as he said it and puffed up my chest in bravado as I smiled at my father.

"I smell a dead rat in your kitchen, though," Charlie told me.

I couldn't smell it, but my sense of smell is terrible. Something I inherited from my mother.

"They finally took the bait under the house," I told Charlie thankfully.

Charlie was looking for things to do so he cleaned and polished my stainless steel sink. All he had to do was take out yesterday's trash and give Maggie some fresh dog food and some water. I had polished the glass stovetop, wiped down my kitchen counters, and mopped the floor. I also mopped the floor in my bathroom as well.

"Let me see your bathroom," my father said ever nosey.

I turned on the light as my father gazed inside. My bathroom tends to be the dirtiest room in the house. It can look like a bunch of homeless people took a bath at times.

"Looks good!" he said. "I am proud of you Chuck."

Charlie brought my two chicken pot pies. I also got three chocolate chips cookies which I relished. They were nice and soft if fresh baked. There was also plenty of pot pie left for Maggie to have her fill. She ate every last bit of it.

Pussies Gone Awry...

Dad called me this morning at 6 AM. Fortunately, I was already dressed and up and going. I had just finished cleaning up the kitchen after cooking breakfast.

"I can't find Samantha and she has been gone all night," my father told me. "She usually comes back inside around 4 AM."

"I'll get out in the car and drive around the neighborhood," I told my father.

I pulled into my father's neighborhood and Samantha was sitting on the sidewalk in front of my father's neighbor's house. I coaxed her into the car and headed to Casa de Papa.

"Thank you so much," my father said as I handed him the cat. "I was worried to death about her."

"You are being a bad pussy," he told her scoldingly.

Well, I came home and laid down on the bed with Maggie, fell fast asleep, and didn't wake up until almost 4 PM this afternoon. I couldn't believe what time it was at first. It was like a time warp when my father called me from work and awakened me. I sure hope I sleep tonight. The last thing I need is to get waylayed on another term of nocturnal existence.

3 comments:

glittermom said...

We’re not allowed to let our cats or dogs roam free. ..your taking a chance letting your cat out all night. They can get in fights,get hit by a car,etc. every once in awhile you’ll see a cat out. Irresponsible ..

amelia said...

I'm in total agreement with Glittermom. My four cats are indoor only for their sake.

Sharyn said...

Mr Bee is the last indoor/outdoor cat at nearly 20 y/o (He has not been out in 5 yrs). But when I left CA, he had been missing for over a week. I was afraid he'd freeze to death when he came home to an empty house!! BUT at the very last minute, he showed up! And he's still here!