Saturday, February 24, 2018

Deflation...

I feel as if I have almost lost my muse it seems. Let's get to writing. It also seems after a big moment of huge elation like yesterday there is a moment of deflation the next day. This connection sure makes blogging easier, though, as everything, like editing, is instantaneous.

The technician took about an hour to install everything yesterday. He didn't show up until almost 9:45 AM and I got to sweating thinking they weren't coming. I got an interesting new Google OnHub wireless router (I love the sounds it makes) and a shiny new Arris Gigabit Plus cable modem for free in the bargain.

I was just absolutely exhausted last night after getting up at 4 AM. Dad called me and wanted to know if I would drive over to get my two Diet Cokes, cigarettes, and my third to last Benadryl. I said sure and hurried over despite my misgivings about driving after dark. Dad had continuing education in Columbus, Georgia yesterday and he was pooped out as well. He already had his pajamas on when I arrived.

"The speaker talked about all the new pharmaceutical breakthroughs in curing dementia and Alzheimer's," my father said. "It was fascinating."

I Miss Mom and All Her Antics...

I was sitting in my father's den this morning. Dad and I were talking about some of the more interesting stuff my mother did over the years and we both got to laughing so hard it hurt. Mom was extremely notorious for having intestinal distress.

"It was because she ate all that snacky shit all the time," my father said brusquely, sitting in his recliner with Sam in his lap.

Sam was purring so loudly I could hear her from several feet away.

"Remember the time you called your mother and she almost had an accident while you two were talking?" dad asked me this morning.

"Yeah, she was standing next to you when she said she had to quickly get off the phone as she was about to mess herself," I replied from the recliner next to him.

Dad burst out laughing.

"I quickly got up and moved out of the way," dad replied. "Because I was sitting behind her business end."

"I thought well that's one way to end a conversation," I said with a chuckle.

"And didn't she do something similar in assisted living?" Dad asked.

"Yeah, she said she messed in her diapers and started to take off her pants and then the diaper," I told him. "I turned my head in distress myself and thought that I didn't want to see my elderly mother naked from the waist down."

Dad burst out laughing again.

"Well, I quickly and reluctantly overcame my modesty and distress and helped her get some clean diapers and her pajama bottoms back on."

"Your mother never was modest," my father said, laughing some more.

1 comment:

skinny minny said...

The day after Christmas is always a let down.
It is good to remember those we love with happiness I still miss my Dad but love when i can share a memory of him and smile or laugh.