Monday, February 26, 2018

Mornings With Papa...

"Should I knock?" I asked myself about 9:30 AM this morning. I was fretting. My father likes or I should say loves to sleep late. I was standing at my dad's back door and Sam was just having a fit to get inside. I knocked really quietly at first and waited. Soon, I could hear my father's footsteps on the kitchen floor as he ambled to the door. I heard him grab the key and the door unlocked.

"Good morning you two!" he said happily, swinging the door widely open.

"Were you asleep?" I asked sheepishly and guardedly.

"I was awake. I was just laying on the bed enjoying my warm covers," dad said welcoming me and Sam inside.

Sam went straight to her food dish and started eating her nibbles as my father calls them.

Dad turned on the oven for his toast, flicked the switch on the coffee maker, turned on the heater on the wall, and then turned on the television. We were watching the weather channel and we both moaned as we have yet more rain on the way. Spring has sprung here. Everything is green, blooming and the trees are leafing out.

"You two are lucky I am so accommodating this early," my father said chuckling. "You didn't talk to your grandmother until she got two cups of coffee in her."

I told dad I fixed my television which was popping and carrying on. It simply was the HDMI cable. The one the WOW! guy installed was defective. I had an extra one in a drawer in the bedroom.

"It's a shame you couldn't have made a decent living fixing computers and electronics," he told me.

"I am going to drink a Diet Coke then I am going to go," I told my father as I headed to the fridge.

Dad was surprised that I wanted a Diet Coke as I haven't been drinking them very much lately.

No comments: