Monday, February 05, 2018

Of Earworms and Clean Kitchens...

I had the nastiest earworm yesterday. It was Christopher Crosses Sailing. I sang the lyrics over and over in my head ad nauseum all day.

♫ Just a dream and the wind to carry me and soon I will be free. ♫ 

You've Been Usurped, Dear Charlie...

Charlie stepped into my house last night holding a giant black trash bag. He was ready for some serious cleaning action, but I had beaten him to the punch. I had spent a good thirty minutes cleaning the kitchen and carrying out all my trash before they arrived with our Sunday evening meal.

"Watch this!" I said to my father with a big grin.

"I have nothing to do," Charlie said walking back into the den looking like a lost puppy where Maggie, dad, and I were sitting on the couch. "I gave Maggie some fresh water and washed the few dishes in the sink, Andrew."

Old Fuss and Feathers looked at me and said, "Good for you!"

Someone Please Feed this Hungry Dog...

The poor Magster was so hungry for something other than dog food last night. She was begging me something pitifully. The smell of that pot pie Charlie brought me was driving her crazy. I let my KFC pot pie cool some and then I put it on a paper plate. I placed it on the floor and Maggie scarfed it down in true dog fashion. I got in the kitchen and made me some more tuna fish salad for my supper.

And Let There Be Breakfast...

Maggie was overjoyed when the smell of frying bacon began to waft into the den. I scrambled the last five of my eggs and made a pot of buttery grits. Yes, I am back to a more normal and diurnal existence. Yesterday, I woke up at 4 AM and I woke up at 5:30 AM this morning getting a full nine hours of sleep overnight. It is so wonderful let me tell you.

1 comment:

Sharyn said...

Good morning Andrew! It is a great thing to be awake during the hours that others are. IF you NEED to be. What ever sleep cycle works for you, is the one to use. Even I know you well enough to notice the patterns! I believe, dear friend, that you are doing better. Not manic like that Walmart/Lawn Care time but just calm and routine. THAT IS FREAKIN FANTASTIC!!

I will be back later. For some reason, right now, your blog is very important to me. Like a letter from home.....