Friday, February 16, 2018

Good Morning Vietnam!

We're not doing so well here at Andrew's Casa this morning. We're just barely functioning. I just saw Maggie start down the hall from the bedroom. She leaned up against the wall to steady herself and stayed there for ten minutes like she was trying to decide what to do next. I couldn't help but chuckle loudly.

Hell, I don't even want a cigarette I am so sleepy and that is usually the first thing I do when I wake up and that is to light up. My sore neck woke me up this morning. I can't look left without a ton of pain.

I haven't even turned my omnipresent music on which is very uncharacteristic of me. I think I will listen to Rickie Lee Jones' first album to start the day off. I've got a flac recording of that album that is just exquisite to the ears.

George got a big surprise this morning when he walked out to his car and it wouldn't crank! I heard the characteristic staccato chatter, chatter, chatter, of an electricity-starved solenoid and starter motor. I will get out later and help him get it started. I've got a nice and long set of jumper cables thanks to dear Martha. Mom believed in being prepared for emergencies. You just can't crank a car 12 times in a day for a few minutes every day and hope the battery holds up. George and I had a long conversation yesterday while I was working on my car. He's a really good guy. Just a little rough around the edges.

No comments: