Wednesday, February 14, 2018

We Welcome Surf and Turf...

I will never say my father can't surprise me at times. Dad had been out to lunch with a colleague at Red Lobster. I was sitting at my computer when I saw him pull up in front of the house. I walked out to his car to greet him.

"Here's you a to-go box of two lobster tails and a steak," he said in a hurry. "Eat them while they are still hot. I am in a hurry to go watch Dr. Phil."

I laughed at the Dr. Phil part and then thanked my father profusely. I think Dr. Phil is a know-it-all blowhard who takes advantage of other people's problems. Dad watches when he can on the Oprah Winfrey Network.

"Love you bunches," he said as he was climbing back into his car and sped off.

He has a DVR and I don't know why he doesn't use it. I've shown him several times how to record a show.

On the Diet Coke Front...

I've had a miserably splitting headache and I know it is from lack of caffeine. I have drunk six diet Cokes a day for years and years. I decided today that I am only going to have two a day for awhile and that's it. Moderation is the key and my father agreed. Dad's worried I am trying to cut out too many addictions and will get myself into a mental mess.

1 comment:

Sharyn said...

Now now, let's not dis the good doctor! LOL Actually, Dr. Phil has done a lot to help ME. His Self Matters book seriously changed my life. If you see that everything you know about yourself was told to you, and that insurance needs labels; well, it helped me. I am not lazy, just because Daddy said so. I am only PTSD-MPD (THAT alone shows how long ago I was "labeled"!) because someone wrote it on a form. So I am shaking off ALL the labels to just figure out which ones stick.

I love talking to you. I really can't remember why I stopped. It was my fault tho. I am glad you are still here. The homelessguy seems to have been rehomed and as such, he doesn't blog at all. I guess he finally got his SSA money. I even wrote to his kid, Cameron (not sure if it's a son or daughter), and asked. No response but I didn't think I'd get one by reading of their relationship on his blog. In fact, I went to Intellius and looked up everyone I knew. I emailed a bunch, I snail mailed a bunch. No answers but I feel better! Talk later!!