Thursday, February 15, 2018

What a Rigmarole...

My car's turn signal lamp went out. I was afraid I was going to get a ticket. I've been driving it for like a week with it burned out. I found a video on YouTube that showed me how to replace it. I saved the video and drove down to AutoZone to get a new bulb which was just $6.99. That didn't take but for a few minutes. I got home and got the tools I needed, a prybar and a large screwdriver, and then I headed outside.

You have to go through the splash guard in the wheel well to get to my turn signal lamp. It was the most convoluted thing I've ever seen and poor design work on Honda's part. I pulled it away carefully popping the rivets. I pulled out the bulb assembly and changed the bulb. I then did everything in reverse. The splash guard was a bugger to get back in place and secured, though. I should have just taken it to the shop, but I didn't know when I could get my father to go with me. He hasn't been very reliable these days when it concerns me and my needs. At least, all it cost me was $6.99 and some elbow grease.

It's A Low Down Dirty Shame...

I don't know what to really say about the school shooting yesterday. I do know that there is not enough adequate mental health care in America. We can all thank Reagan for that when he closed all the mental hospitals. I am one of the lucky mentally ill few that got disability and Medicare and I now have my doctor's visits and medications paid for. My medications cost almost $17,000 last year. If this guy would have gotten some therapy, a psychiatrist, and some medications, maybe all of that wouldn't have happened. There's got to be some kind of safety net put in place for these kinds of people who would commit such acts of horror. Getting expelled from school due to disciplinary reasons is a very sure sign that something is not quite right. Not too many kids get expelled from school.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

There would be even fewer school shootings if semi automatic weapons were illegal to own. Gun control could fix this. As a Canadian I am stupified by the fact that machine guns are legal, and so easy to get.

PipeTobacco said...

Sir:

My vehicle has a similarly, damndable, assinine method for changing a damn lightbulb. It is insane. I sure as he'll would not have bought the damn vehicle if I had known how foolish and disreputable a tactic this manufacturer employed.

Sharyn said...

I need to chime in here folks. As a 62 y/o with Medicare, and all the talk about depressed seniors, you would think they'd cover more. I lost my talk therapist several years ago because she doesn't take Medicare! Oh yeah, I have secondary/gap (TennCare, I think) but am not sure what or who it covers and have no idea who to ask. I was assigned a case manager but she never called me back. I also have Part D for prescriptions and it's really good ($1.25 each for generics, WellCare). But I don't get why WellCare can't be my secondary/gap too!? I don't get any of it. Actually, you are lucky to have Chuck 'N Fluff!! LOL

Sharyn said...

I have to respond to Sandra. Machine guns are NOT legal!! I do NOT want Canada to think you can pick these up at Walmart! They are available, as everything is available, in back alleys and such. Everytown is a gun safety organization who believes in the Second Amendment but not in back street, hand to hand, unmonitored gun sales. Machine/Auto, Semi, or Revolver; please use a Federal Firearms qualified shop!! Use trigger locks, teach gun safety and know your weapon. Keep it clean, take precautions, and it should be ok.

Sharyn said...

Shoot, you're right. I am back with a vengeance! 3 comments? For one post? ROFL But I find something new to chat about everytime I read it! On the subject of weird car lights. We have a "Tire Sensor" and every so often it "faults". And dings. Seems to happen outside Bill's work and just before he gets home. He can make it turn off but it's a pain and just another sign of modern times. A bunch of lights and beeps that have nothing to do with getting from point A to point B, but break down anyway! When did we unlearn oil checking and tire pressure checks?? LOL Ok, think I'm done. For now.....LOL