Friday, February 23, 2018

Giddy Up and Go!

Maggie sighed loudly when I got up at 4 AM. She immediately got in the warm spot I left on the bed. My thermostat read 75 degrees, but it felt quite chilly in the house this morning. I went around the house and shut all my windows. We're having a heat wave here in the Southland. Maggie didn't get up until the smell of frying bacon began to waft into the bedroom. She lay on the floor at my feet in the kitchen as I prepared breakfast catching a few more winks.

Breakfast was very simple this morning. I scrambled six cheese eggs, fried bacon, and made some buttery toast. I put Maggie's paper plate of food on the floor and she wolfed it down and then wanted mine. More dog logic. Yours tastes better than mine according to Maggie.

The reason I am up so early is that I am so excited about my Internet and couldn't sleep any longer. I am hoping WOW! will get here around 8 AM. My appointment window is between 8 AM and 10 AM. How fast is my Internet going to be? Will I be able to download my coveted games in mere seconds instead of hours? Will websites load in a blink? How fast will my photos upload? I am so giddy with glee! It is Christmas morning here at Andrew's house. We're just waiting for Santa to arrive.

I thoroughly cleaned my computer room yesterday afternoon polishing and dusting everything computer and noncomputer related. It really looks nice in here after a little spit and polish and I am ready for their arrival. I will just stand at the door and marvel at my handiwork for quite some time. Everything looks so good and shiny. The only thing I can't fix is the musty odor of dog and smoldering cigarettes. I should have run by Kroger yesterday and bought some Febreeze.

No comments: