Sunday, February 04, 2018

Hot or Cold -- Hungry Bellies Don't Mind...

It is always so good to see my special friend Charlie. Charlie brought me another Zaxby's chicken tender and hot wings combo platter on his way back from taking Horsefly to the movies yesterday evening.

"I am afraid it has grown quite cold," Charlie told me rolling his eyes. "Horsefly stayed in Zaxby's restroom for thirty minutes. I thought he would never come out."

"What was he doing?" I asked curiously amused.

"Oh hell, I don't know," Charlie replied.

I chuckled softly and smiled. Maggie was sitting on the couch next to Charlie and she kept licking her lips from the smell of that chicken tender platter. Maggie and I were just glad to get it.

"It is going to be raining in the morning," I told the ever weather clueless Charlie. "The weather is supposed to be nasty, wet, and cold."

"Horsefly has to have his sausage biscuit so you and Maggie are getting one, too!" Charlie told me.

"How did you get over the flu so quick?" Charlie then asked me. "I am still coughing and sniffling."

"Dad says all the nicotine I am imbibing from habitual smoking killed the virus," I replied with a laugh.

Charlie burst out into laughter as well.

1 comment:

Street Writer. said...

I have often wondered if nicotine doesn't kill germs in some way. But tobacco has such a bad reputation it probably would never be admitted. But I could be wrong. Heh.