Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Maggie's Arch Nemesis Arrived...

There is one thing that gets Maggie's panties in a twist more than any other thing. It is the meter reader. All our meters, except the water meter, are on the back of my house within the fence. Maggie wasn't brave today and it tickled me. She stood at the dog door with her head stuck out and barked viciously for about 30 minutes. A big smile formed on my face and I started to laugh at Maggie's timidness. The meter reader exited out of the fence on the other side of the house and Maggie tore out the dog door viciously barking with new found courage. Usually, Maggie is trying to nip at his heels as he brandishes a big stick and fights her off. I usually try to shut the dog door, but he is on foot and I don't hear the gate open in time.

I Missed the Early Worm...

Maggie and I both woke much later than usual at 9:30 AM this morning. We were in the bed around 8 PM last night so we got lots of good sleep. Sleep is such a wonderful thing if you are prone to insomnia like me. I have felt really blessed these past two weeks to be getting a good night's sleep.

I scrambled some eggs and made cheese toast this morning. Mrs. Camille's words echoed in my mind of her astonishment about how many eggs I buy a week. Dad will roll his eyes and say my cholesterol is probably higher than hell.

I then got on Facebook to see what everyone was up to this morning and overnight. I am dabbling in it again, but it can be overwhelming for someone as sensitive as me. I no longer write about my personal life on Facebook. I save that for my blog where I have a smidgen of anonymity. I do immensely enjoy all the model railroading pages on Facebook, though, and can spend an hour looking at them.

Addictions Be Gone...


I am wearily tired of being addicted to things.
  • For a few weeks, I was addicted to over the counter flu remedy. I would drink two little cups every morning and get a buzz. I cut that out over a week ago. 
  • I was addicted to Diet Cokes and I have now gone two days without them. 
  • Dad was giving me six Benadryl every night for anxiety. I was supposed to only take two every few hours, but I would take all six after my father left and would get a nice buzz. It was my idea and we have now cut them down to two a night taking one less a week. Two more weeks and I will be off of Benadryl. The withdrawal has been pretty hard to bear for such a seemingly innocuous drug. 
  • I also smoked two packs of cigarettes a day and now I am down to one.
Progress, but not perfect.

2 comments:

Summer said...

I admire you for your ability to stop your bad habits!

skinny minny said...

I have several food related addictions to rid myself of. One being sodas. So I got a Soda Stream because I find plain water flat and boring. Love that I can add mixes to the carbonated water that make it into soda flavors. The cola one is the only one I have tried...more like RC than coke or pepsi but it is not bad and it has 1/3c the sugar and calories so that works. Mostly I just add an essential oil like lemon or orange to it and get flavored sparkling water that is yummy