Monday, February 26, 2018

Curb Side Service Only Last Night...

Maggie and I both sat in the window last night on the lookout for Charlie and my father to get here. Dad courtesy called me and said they left at seven. Well, it was almost nine when they arrived at my house. Maggie had given up and fallen asleep on the back cushion of the couch.

"KFC was crazy," Charlie told me from the window of his car. "They didn't have your two chicken pot pies."

"Everybody's got their tax refund and are just going wild," my father chimed in from the passenger's seat which made me chuckle.

Surely that wasn't the reason I thought with more laughter.

"Well, I got you a $5 fillup chicken strips meal," Charlie said. "Is that okay?"

"That's fine," I said disappointedly.

Charlie gathered up all their chocolate chip cookies and gave them to me I guess in consolation. My schizophrenic brain then went into overdrive that this was just some ploy to keep me from getting two chicken pot pies which are relatively expensive.

Maggie and I were so dismayed that my father and Charlie didn't come inside last night. I had the kitchen and bathroom sparkling clean and wanted some congratulations for my effort. Maggie stood at the screen door and barked jubilantly for naught as I was standing to the side of Charlie's car.

1 comment:

Sharyn said...

Sweetie, do I have a "curb side" story for you! There was a time when Jack Nicholson would call the Playboy Mansion Chef direct and order a meal. Then he'd drive thru the gate, around to the back, pick it up and be on his way! The food was THAT good!! He didn't even see fit to drop in on Hef and at least say, "Thanks!" Of course those were the good old days, the 1970's, but THAT was ultimate curb side I'm sure!!

I also remember when you were poor you filed your taxes and they sent you back pretty much what you gave them. Now, you pay $4K and if you are single you get a stinking $1300 back! Don't get me started on taxes!! LOL