Sunday, February 18, 2018

Home of the Big Breakfast...

I got up at 6:30 AM and drove over to my father's house to get my one Benadryl and a pack of smokes. Yes, we are down to one Benadryl which is such a momentous occasion! It is rather amazing when I think about it. It makes me nervous as hell, but it was my idea to quit. My brain still craves diphenhydramine to a degree. Dad had left them in a Ziploc bag to thwart the rain on the back porch for me. He didn't want me to call and wake him up too early. Samantha wanted inside so badly, but I had to leave her hanging literally from the screen on the back porch screen door.

Maggie was pooped out this morning as she lay on the cool kitchen floor and I got some breakfast started. She was laying on her side when I started frying the bacon and soon was underfoot when the smell of that bacon began to waft through the kitchen and the rest of the house. The smell of percolating coffee has a very similar effect on us humans. I scrambled some eggs and made some very buttery cheese toast. Breakfast must have been a thousand calories this morning.

Charlie will be along in about two hours. I couldn't wait for Charlie to arrive I was so ravishingly hungry when I awoke. I will drink the Coke he brings and then put the biscuits in the fridge to be warmed up later in the day or tomorrow. I know one animal around here who will be able to pack in one more bit of breakfast. Maggie will eat the sausage patty and go bury the biscuits in the backyard as they are not her forte.

No comments: