Thursday, February 08, 2018

Another Two Week Lease On Sanity...

I was especially nervous, anxious and skittish this morning. You could tell it was time for my injection. "Please let things go smoothly," I prayed to myself about my injection as I warily pulled out of my driveway and headed down busy highway 29 to the pharmacy.

I arrived at the pharmacy and the door was locked. I moaned as all the employees were running late. A dreaded and much-feared setback. Dad finally showed up holding a McDonald's bag and his senior coffee and quickly got to work filling my prescription as the other employees came trickling in. Old Fuss and Feathers was my lifesaver this morning.

I had just sat down in the lobby after signing in when Rebecca opened the door to the examining rooms and welcomed me back with a wonderful smile. Things were looking up. She is always so prompt and doesn't make me linger in the lobby.

"Are you okay?" Rebecca asked. "You seem agitated."

"I feel like I am going to have one of my classic and notorious anxiety attacks," I told her mournfully as I squirmed in my seat.

"Let's give you your injection and get you home," Rebecca replied as she began hurriedly putting together my dose of Risperdal Consta.

We dispensed with the small talk this morning.

I didn't dawdle at the pharmacy when I gave my father my next appointment card. I quickly grabbed two Snickers bars and two cherry Cokes and began to head for the door.

"Shave off that goatee," Old Fuss and Feathers told me with a frown. "It makes you look like your evil twin."

"You've been watching too much Star Trek," I told him with a chuckle and I skedaddled out of there arriving home safe and sound.

My dear Maggie was looking out the window for my return.

My injection will hit me in about an hour. I will feel a fleeting moment of euphoria and then I will get really drowsy. I am so happy to be home safe and sound despite a nail-biting and nerve-wracking morning.

No comments: