Sunday, February 18, 2018

Charlie's the Man!

Charlie was running very early today. He arrived about 9:15 AM. Maggie caught his arrival before I did. She started to bark and whine in earnest. Yes! I hurried to the door just as Charlie was getting out of his car. I was glad to get my extra large Coke and Maggie devoured her bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit. I was just too full from this morning's breakfast to imbibe in mine.

"What do you want for supper tonight?" Charlie asked me before he left.

"Get me two chicken pot pies and a Pepsi," I told Charlie, hoping that wasn't too excessive. "That way there will be plenty for Maggie and me."

"Johnny Otis is going to balk, isn't he?" I then asked Charlie. "It will be too expensive."

"Hell, I will make sure you get two pies," Charlie told me.

"Tell dad I will pay for them," I told Charlie.

Charlie was in a hurry to finish the rest of his deliveries while the food was still hot so I bid him adieu. 

No comments: