Monday, February 19, 2018

Good Tidings and Great Joy!

"Get everything out of your car you want to keep," my father said tonight during the smoke and Coke ritual. "I am going to give Matt your car next week. I want to get it cleaned up good as well for Matt -- get it washed and waxed."

I was flabbergasted and overjoyed.

"Are you serious?" I asked him astonished.

I had the look on my face like when Princess Leia told Han Solo that Luke was her brother.

"You love him don't you?" Han Solo asked the Princess. "I won't stand in the way."

"Yes Han, he's my brother," Leia replied.

Han was gobsmacked as they then kissed.

"Sure am," dad said to me when I asked him if he was serious. "I want to get down to one car for me and get rid of all this car insurance I am paying for."

Dad currently has three cars. I have been waiting for this moment for a full year when he first announced he was giving me my mother's car. I am still cautious, though. My father is a terrible procrastinator. 

3 comments:

glittermom said...

Sounds promising. But your right, your father does procrastinate. .i could never figure way someone would want so many cars..paying insurance on them .

amelia said...

Wasn't he going to give Helen a car at one point?

glittermom said...

Is the CRV in your fathers name?