Friday, February 16, 2018

The Pig On a Friday Night...

BAM!!!!
"Now, we've got to get back to buying groceries on Monday nights," dad told me over the phone with an admonishing tone. "We need to get back on schedule."

It has been a week since I last bought groceries. I am meeting my father at the Piggly Wiggly to get just enough food to get me by until Monday. I am buying mainly breakfast foods tonight. I told my father I would spend around $60 dollars and he didn't balk.

"Do you want to meet me at 7 PM?" I asked, ready to go. "I'll go ahead and get started."

"That's too early for me," my father replied. "I have to watch Jeopardy. I will call you when I am ready."

Well, that pissed me off royally. Am I just supposed to sit over here until he makes some nebulous call?

"How about eight?" I then asked trying to get a definite time.

"I'll call you," my father said and he got off the phone.

I have a good mind just to head on over there, debit my groceries, and then head home and unload. That would blow Old Fuss and Feathers out of the water. Yes, I do think that's what I am going to do.

"But you need a moderator and you might buy a case of beer."

POPPYCOCKS!!!!

2 comments:

Sharyn said...

But why would it be so bad? Ole F&F (as he is now known) just has to call the bank and put a limit on you. Like food stamps but different. He calls and says my son Andrew will be placing a charge at the Pigg (I'm from TX you know!) for maximum $60. He could just do it on a permanent basis. I mean, he doesn't seem so concerned about what goes into your cart anymore (altho I think that was Miss Martha!) so why not find out if he'll do it for a limited time. A couple of months. How much could you mess up? It would give you a little freedom; shop when you feel up to it, no waiting! And it's one less reason for Ole F&F to miss Jeopardy! It's a win-win!

glittermom said...

He should start giving you more control. ..I don’t mean to be morbid but what happens when he’s gone.