Saturday, February 17, 2018

Automobile Roulette...

I was sitting in my father's den this morning when he announced to me he was now giving my car to Matt the computer guy at the pharmacy.

"I was worried it might offend him or hurt his feelings by suggesting it," my father told me as he ate his grape jelly and buttered toast for breakfast. "But I asked him anyway and he said he would love to have your car."

I went along with the idea although I thought giving it to J.W. was a better idea. J.W. would appreciate it more. He's been my father's yardman for years. J.W. did so much to help me keep my 1972 Chevelle running as smooth as a top when I was in high school. He also named his firstborn child after me.

"Matt's car is a 1991 Nissan Pathfinder with over 300,000 miles on the clock," my father then told me. "Your car will be like getting a new car to him."

Mark my words that this means that something will get done about my car and my mother's car rather quickly now. My father is very, very fond of Matt and will not want to let him down or let him linger in hope.

2 comments:

glittermom said...

Your father has been saying you were getting your mothers car for over a year. I’ll be surprised to see how fast he moves on this now.

glittermom said...

I hope your not left careless .b