Thursday, February 01, 2018

Damn, I Love this Dog...

Maggie sporting her fu manchu...
I tell my father all the time that the best thing he has ever done for me is to bring Maggie into my life. I will never forget the day he brought that little flea-ridden puppy home. He found her whimpering in a trash can. She's my little shadow and the love of my life. Sorry ladies and gents, but a dog is a man's best friend.

Maggie's wherever I am. If I am laying down, then she is on the bed. If I am eating, she is staring at me intently for a morsel. If I am sitting in the den, she is on the back of the couch looking out for nefarious pedestrians. She loves it when I go outside into the backyard. She immediately starts barking and has to clear the way for me and make it safe. Right now, she is laying behind me as I sit at this computer.

On a funny note, one aspect of Maggie's life that is not shared with me is potty visits. She is incredibly secretive about that. She's lived with me for eight years and I can count on one hand how many times I've seen her potty.

Back in the Land of the Living...

I feel much, much better today. My only complaint is that it is hard to fall asleep if you are coughing every minute. I feel asleep for about three hours this morning and woke up coughing. I've got that bleary eyed feeling you get from a lack of sleep. I fell back asleep again and then the phone rang. Sigh. I got up and parked my butt in front of this computer. I am waiting on Old Fuss and Feathers to get off of work so I can drive over and get my Cokes and smokes. Ah, an ice cold diet Coke would be wonderful right now.

1 comment:

Sharyn said...

You had Maggie when I met you. (Didn't you also have a cat at one point and another dog, named after some sort of candy??) Has it only been 8 years!? I thought for sure it had been longer! 2002? Maybe? I am sure it was NOT 2009-10!!

If I didn't think it would scare you to move to San Diego, I might suggest a meet up one of these days. I have told Bill all about you. Alabama is somewhere near TN, isn't it? I feel I owe you a lunch for the time the voices were telling me to go help with a Haitian Earthquake and you talked me out of it. Your Emeril story is the one that grounds me. Sometimes our crazy doesn't mesh and that is what has caused our separations.