Tuesday, July 10, 2018

6:00 AM Wake Up Time…

mighty orbotsI was up and going at eight this morning. My injection was at nine. I showered, shaved, and put on some freshly laundered clothes. I didn’t have the homeless look going on this morning that my father so disdains.

“Andrew, you can come on back,” Rebecca said as soon as I sat down.

Like sweet angels singing in my ears.

“You’ll never guess what my six year old daughter did this morning,” Rebecca told me. “I didn’t have to get up until eight and she set her alarm clock for six to catch some cartoon on TV that comes on that early.”

I laughed jovially.

“I got on up and fixed her a bowl of grits to eat while she watched it,” Rebecca furthered.

“I used to do the same thing,” I told her with a chuckle. “On Saturdays, The Mighty Orbots came on at six and I would inadvertently wake everyone up to go downstairs and watch them. It was my favorite cartoon of all time.”

I got back to the pharmacy and dad said, “Diet Coke!” as I reached into the drink cooler. I had told him to help with my diet anyway he could. I was just about to reach for the calorie ridden cherry Cokes that I would always traditionally get. 

No comments: