Monday, July 30, 2018

So Close Yet So Far…

We had a couple come in this morning and adopt a little Jack Russell mixed breed. Mrs. Barbara handled the paperwork and soon the couple were on their way after paying the adoption fee. We were all pleased that the dog had found a home. About two hours later, the husband arrives back with the dog in his arms.

“Is everything okay, sir?” Mrs. Barbara asked as he stepped into the office.

I just happened to be in the office area at that time. I was showing Mrs. Barbara how to do something on her computer.

“The dog has latched onto me and won’t let my wife come near me. She will growl viciously and snap at her.”

Mrs. Barbara refunded the adoption fee as I put the dog back in the kennels thinking this poor dog will never find a home. A single guy is going to have to adopt her.

3 comments:

glittermom said...

That’s sad,,.somewhere in his doggie life some woman treated him very badly. ..I wonder if a dog can be retained ..I got a dog once from the paper and wasn’t told what was wrong with him. He wouldn’t let my husband near me.

Sharyn said...

Jermaine? Perhaps your shelter has one of those programs? Exceptions? Donations? A poor ole guy who has to go to the Pigg to chat up folks is perfect. Maybe the grocery store will sponsor to keep him from bugging customers?

You know I have good ideas! Didn't I suggest that you help Old George get that cart job at Walmart. It's not our fault he messed up. WE did the solid. WE did the good deed.

I don't know. Maybe he doesn't want a dog. Maybe he won't qualify on Miss Barbara's form. But maybe, just maybe; you could unite two souls who need each other?

Rita said...

Some single guy? You?