Tuesday, July 03, 2018

Animals First…

chainlink interior dog kennelsMrs. Barbara called me late yesterday evening and asked if I would come in today and help feed and water the animals before the holiday. I said sure and was at the gate at eight this morning waiting on everybody to arrive. I have learned my cellphone is an very effective alarm clock. I didn’t even take a shower this morning fearing I would be plenty dirty by lunch. “Take me as I am,” was that old hymnal song that was playing in my mind today – my earworm for the day.

You are looking at the proud owner of a set of keys to the place. I now have a key to the main gate and a key to the building. I guess this means I am one of the gang for sure now. They say the amount of keys on your keyring is a good measure of how much responsibility you have. I now have six keys on my keyring along with the remote entry to my car.

I power washed a few of the messier kennels while Tracy tackled the cats. Everybody got fresh kibble and water filled to the brim. The dogs get so excited when you are in the kennels that you can barely hear yourself think. They really bark up a storm. Everybody is vying for your attention.

I brashly volunteered to come in and check on the animals tomorrow since I have nothing to do. Mrs. Barbara thanked me profusely.  

2 comments:

Sharyn said...

I think this is a very good thing!! Even better than the Literacy Center because there you had to deal with humans. Just don't go and over do it! Just take it slow and easy...

Summer said...

Bless you for checking on the animals today.