Monday, July 09, 2018

Buddy? Can You Spare Some Change?

Old Fuss and Feathers and I would have to get behind two aggravating people to checkout at Kroger’s tonight. One guy said strawberries were on sale, but they would ring up at the normal price. Thankfully, he gave up and left the store without buying the strawberries. The next guy paid for a gallon of whole milk in dimes, nickels, and lots of pennies. We sat there staring on as the process proceeded at a snail’s pace.

“That’s how you buy a beer when you are broke and got the shakes,” I told my father.

He laughed and laughed.

“You should know!” he said smiling as I cut my eyes at him with a jeering look that turned whimsical.

I spent $62 dollars tonight – well below my budget. Old Fuss and Feathers was afraid I didn’t get enough. I wasn’t hungry this evening and nothing appealed to me. My only impulse buy was some Dungeness crab southern style dip. I then had to buy the crackers to accompany it. I did buy a lot of Yoplait Greek yogurt for a low eighty calorie snack or meal. I also bought pickles as a snack as they have five calories per serving.

No comments: