Monday, July 16, 2018

Someone Please Check My Pulse…

My cellphone woke me at seven this morning. Ugh! I threw on yesterday’s clothes and put on a baseball cap to hide my bed head.  I don’t take a shower or change clothes until I get home as it can be a messy job. I always put on ample deodorant. Soon, I was on the road in my trusty new Honda to the Humane Society. It is quite a long drive down through the Valley.

I was the first one to arrive at eight so I opened the gate and opened the building and then turned all the lights on. Tracy soon showed up followed by Mrs. Barbara. I was already power washing the dog kennels after putting the dogs in the outside kennels. 

I was there, but not there if you know what I mean. I could not get woken up and felt drugged. Tracy said I was stuck in zombieville. I still can’t get used to getting up so early.  I finished up my chores at noon, told everyone goodbye, and I headed home.

1 comment:

glittermom said...

Your going to have to start going to bed earlier on nights you have to work the next day ...