Sunday, July 15, 2018

Maggie and Me? Maggie and I? Oh Hell, I Give Up…

Glittermom, I appreciate the recommendation of canned dogfood for Maggie. I might try some when I am at the grocery store tomorrow night. Do you have a preferred brand?

Day One… Zero Hour…

Today is Maggie’s very first day without people food. Maggie didn’t get her two sausage biscuits this morning despite many vocal protests. Many of you have told me that’s what’s wrong with Maggie – all these infections of the skin, ears, and eyes. They seem to be food allergies is the best I can surmise. I always have to learn my lessons the hard way – always have, but I want Maggie to be healthy and this calls for a little tough love on my part. I know some of you want to say, “I told you so”.

Give Me Some of that Hardcore Biscuit Action…

Charlie woke me up at ten this morning with breakfast. I showed up at the front door still in my white t-shirt and my undies.

“Put some clothes on,” Charlie said laughing. “You’re about as immodest as your father.”

Charlie then asked me what I wanted for supper and I told him the usual. I am going to eat one chicken pot pie tonight and save the other for tomorrow.

“Be sure to get diet Pepsis (also known as Coke in the South),” I told Charlie before he could escape my grasp.

We’re Making Progress…

Through completely auspicious beginnings I have lost 4 glorious pounds since I started my diet. I cut out breakfast, eat a turkey sandwich with light mayo for lunch, and eat a normal supper so as to not feel so deprived. It is against all odds in that Charlie keeps bringing me food. I just eat what he brings for supper – my big meal of the day.

No comments: